I’m sure you’re all sick to death of hearing about other people’s New Year’s Resolutions, but I am a fan of lists, and this is (potentially) a list to live by.
I wish I could be one of those people who comes up with really simple, short and snappy guides to live by, but I can’t; there’s too much I want to do, and I like to be specific.
So. Here goes. (Minus the typical girly ones, of course. ‘OMG become a size 8’ does not make for inspirational reading).
- Be a tourist! I love finding new places around this country, and 2012 has been a great year for that; I want to keep it going. I really want to travel further afield more as well, but that is a LIFE RESOLUTION, as well as a 2013 one…
- Read more, learn more, write more. I know it borders on being a typical resolution, but I really do love reading, and I don’t do it an awful lot. I love writing even more, and I do that even less.
- PRIORITIZE. I am bad at this. I am starting a new university course this month (oh, academic pursuit, how I have missed you), but I am the Queen of the procrastinators. It comes first, even if it kills me.
- Spend more time with family. I have the greatest family in the world, and I take them for granted. Relatives – you will be sick of the sight of me by the end of this year.
- Become Lisburn’s very own caped crusader. Or do more charity work. One or the other.
- Recognize what a lovely little life I have, and spend far less time complaining about it.
There, that should about do it. I’d rather like to know what yours are, so if any are creative and witty, I can steal them.
Post them on the Facebook wall and inspire me!