Today will most likely be the most productive day of my life. Why, you ask? I am not a Halo fan. My boyfriend is. We live together, and so far, we have had two conversations today. Both of which were about Halo.
It’s not that I don’t like Halo, it’s just that I have never, ever played a game that made it so very obvious that I was always going to suck at it from the word ‘go’. I am a terrible gamer at the best of times (what I lack in skill, don’t worry, I make up for in swearing and enthusiasm), but the one time I tried to play Halo, I felt like a ham-fisted, drunk kitten. I was that good.
Anyway, back to my point, if I have one at all. On days such as this, when you have no access to the Xbox, the good TV or the living room in general, you have to make your own entertainment.
So – THINGS I INTEND TO DO TODAY, THE RELEASE DATE OF HALO 4, THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HALO FRANCHISE.
(Catchy title, no?)
- Organise my wardrobe. This seems simple, it will take hours, and I’m not sure how far into Narnia my Converse collection has invaded.
- Wrap some Christmas presents. Yes, I am that girl. Don’t mock me, I like to be organised.
- Internet shop. Usually, the boyfriend is smart enough to supervise any time I spend on Etsy, so I don’t fill our house with crap. Not today! Mwah ha ha ha.
- Rearrange the kitchen cupboards. For no other reason than to confuse everyone else in the house.
- Make a giant cardboard snowman. Not that you care, but I do volunteer work with kids, and that means there are some bizarre demands on my time. Maybe I’ll blog about it sometime, it’s rewarding, etc.
- Play my Wii. Take that, Microsoft, you and Halo can go suck it.
- Make a ridiculous and extravagant lunch. And refuse to share.
- Nap. I like napping, and I so rarely get the opportunity.
- Spend some time with the family. By which I mean kitty and bearded dragon. They’re getting ignored too, we have to band together at times like this.
- Attack. Eventually, and inevitably, I will get bored, and lonely, and go mad. There will come a point when I dress like a ninja, bounce down the stairs and irritate everyone in the building until I get my way.
There you go then. This is how I will be coping with being a Halo Widow for a few weeks. If you are in the same crazy boat, let me know how you plan to cope!
Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!